‘Two decades with no progress for the middle class’: New census data shows household income is the same as in 1999
|09/10/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The economy lifted more Americans from poverty in 2018 but failed to drive broader economic progress across households.
- Median incomes were essentially flat after three years of growth last year, the Census Bureau said in a report Tuesday.
- The median household income was $63,179 last year, statistically unchanged from 2017 and near where it stood in 1999.
- The figures suggested rising inequality has continued to undermine progress during the longest expansion on record.
- Visit the Markets Insider homepage for more stories.
The longest expansion on record lifted more Americans from poverty in 2018 but failed to drive broader economic progress across households, read more >>>