uBiome insiders say key science at the buzzy startup was flawed from the start. Now, the company and a top science journal are investigating.
|08/21/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- The science behind uBiome’s products is flawed, according to insiders and outside experts. They say that raises new questions about the company’s future.
- Founded in 2012, buzzy startup uBiome raised $105 million from investors to explore the microbiome, a “forgotten organ.”
- The FBI raided uBiome’s headquarters in April, reportedly related to the company’s billing practices. Then, the company’s top executives departed.
- uBiome built a big set of data based on the human microbiome, but the data was flawed in ways that risk making uBiome’s tests unreliable.
- After Business Insider contacted uBiome with these concerns, uBiome confirmed problems with the data and read more >>>