- The mantra on Wall Street these days is “nothing matters.”
- It seems no matter how huge the event — a debilitating virus ravaging China, the rise of Bernie Sanders — none of it matters. Stocks just go up, and in credit markets good debt trades close to junk.
- Consider this an extension of the inertia that has gripped US policymaking. We are frozen in an uncomfortable moment, and it will take the realization of a powerful event to change our circumstances.
- This is an opinion column. The thoughts expressed are those of the author.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
For the last read more >>>