- Warren Buffett often uses Valentine’s Day to explain why See’s Candies is a “special” company.
- The billionaire investor says people associate the boxes of chocolates with romance.
- Therefore, See’s can raise prices and customers won’t switch to cheaper candy.
- “If you go to your wife or your girlfriend on Valentine’s Day — I hope they’re the same person — and say, ‘here’s a box of candy honey, I took the low bid,'” Buffett said in 2017, “It loses a little [impact] as you go through that speech.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Warren Buffett loves using Valentine’s Day to explain why See’s read more >>>