Why Facebook’s stock jumped despite facing a record-breaking $5 billion FTC penalty: ‘A slap on the wrist’ (FB)
|07/13/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Facebook’s stock rose around 1% after news broke that it is facing a record-breaking $1 billion penalty from the Federal Trade Commission.
- Investors are breathing a collective sigh of relief that the settlement isn’t more serious.
- Why? Facebook is absolutely vast, and makes three times the penalty in revenue every quarter.
- Critics of the company have immediately accused the FTC’s decision of being inadequate.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Federal Trade Commission is gearing up to hit Facebook with a staggering, record-breaking $5 billion penalty.
Wall Street is viewing this as a good thing.
And the reason why speaks read more >>>