Why James Cameron is arguing with a fellow millionaire about who dove to the deepest point in the ocean
|10/13/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- In September, film director James Cameron contacted The New York Times, disgruntled by a declaration made by millionaire adventurer Victor Vescovo, that claimed he had completed the deepest submarine dive in history.
- Vescovo had dived down to the Mariana Trench, off the coast of Guam — the same area Cameron had dived down to seven years earlier.
- What irked Cameron was that the area is flat, according to what he and another expedition both saw, meaning it should have been impossible to go any deeper.
- Yet Vescovo was claiming he’d gone 52 feet deeper.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Academy Award winning read more >>>