Why Kevin Smith put a ‘Dogma’ character in his new movie even though Harvey Weinstein still owns the rights
|10/16/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Kevin Smith told Business Insider why he referenced “Dogma” in his new movie, “Jay and Silent Bob Reboot,” though he doesn’t own the rights to it.
- Smith’s 1999 movie starring Matt Damon and Ben Affleck as renegade angels is owned by Harvey and Bob Weinstein.
- Smith said he “thought it would be fun” to give a “Dogma” update, especially seeing this year marks the 20th anniversary of its release.
- The writer-director has reached out to the Weinsteins in the past about getting the rights to the movie but has never heard back from them, he said.
- “Kevin Smith is one of the great read more >>>