- China’s dispute with the NBA over a team manager’s tweets in support of the Hong Kong protests could be a headache for Nike, the exclusive sponsor of the league’s player kits.
- Nike’s presence and popularity in China is huge — the sportswear giant netted 17% of the $10.7 billion in revenues it made last quarter in Greater China.
- The sportswear giant’s CEO reaffirmed its commitment to the region last month: “Nike is a brand of China for China.”
- If the NBA’s fallout with China hurts the league’s popularity in the region, Nike could suffer.
- Watch Nike trade live here.
- View Markets Insider’s read more >>>