Women are now seen as just as competent than men, but men are still considered more ambitious — and it’s a good and bad thing
|07/18/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- More people think women are intelligent and compassionate than they did 70 years ago, according to new research by the American Psychological Association.
- From 1946 to 2018, the percentage of Americans who thought men and women were equally intelligent increased by 51 percentage points.
- While women are now seen as equally as or more competent than men, men are still seen as more ambitious.
- Competent and compassionate stereotypes can benefit women in the workplace because jobs favor those qualities — but being seen as less ambitious than men puts women at a disadvantage for leadership roles.
- Visit Business read more >>>