YouTube is reportedly planning new ways to measure the ‘quality’ of videos as it works to stem the flow of misinformation and conspiracy theories (GOOG)
|04/11/2019||Posted by BusinessMediaguide.Com under General World News||
- Bloomberg reports that YouTube introduced two new growth metrics to reward “quality” content over the past two years.
- Bloomberg reports one metric will track the total time a user spends on the platform including reading and posting comments, in addition to watching videos. The other is said to focus on “quality watch time.”
- However, Bloomberg reports that YouTube is still figuring out how to put these new measurements in place.
- YouTube has come under fire for its inability to control the flow of misinformation, conspiracy theories, and other undesirable content on its platform.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.