- Pricey private liberal arts colleges are slashing tuition prices so they don’t get overlooked by students who want a more affordable school, reported Tara Siegel Bernard for The New York Times.
- But these changes only reduce the school’s advertised rates, which wealthy students typically pay — and at the same time, they’re decreasing tuition discounts.
- That means that wealthy students are benefitting the most from the price cut.
- This isn’t the only advantage the ultra-wealthy have when it comes to college.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
College is more expensive than it’s ever been.