- Google for Education tools have taken off “like grass on fire,” industry analysts say.
- The software is completely free and Chromebooks, which are laptops manufactured by other companies running the Google Chrome operating system, are deeply discounted for classrooms.
- These tactics have worked: Google-powered devices made up almost 60% of computing devices purchased for US classrooms in 2017, up from 5% in 2012.
- Eighty million teachers and students use the platform worldwide, and there are 30 million Chromebooks in classrooms.
- Teachers have expressed suspicions about why the mega-corporation is giving away the valuable software.
- “There is a bit of a mistrust to Google read more >>>